Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Thirteen Years

October 24th, 2010 was the thirteenth anniversary of my marriage to V's Daddy.  It has been a tumultuous thirteen years with crazy ups and devestating downs.  As we wait with baited breath on pins and needles to find out if the bank will approve our HAMP application, or if we are going to loose our home and belongings, what did we do to celebrate our time together?  We attended my nephew's Catholic baptism (we are UUs) and reception, ate lots of food, went home and collapsed.

Two of our cats are very ill and we cannot afford to take them to the vet, which makes me a bad cat mother.  I'm feeding them home made chicken soup (boiled organic chicken and carrots) even though I'm a staunch vegetarian, and praying to all the powers that may or may not be to help them kick whatever this is. They are inside only cats so I'm hoping it is a flu-type thing that we inadvertantly brought home on our shoes.

Yesterday I celebrated my father's birthday by treating him to lots of food.  I baked Italian bread in the morning, started vegetarian smoked paprika lentil soup before we went out for Thai food for lunch.  Had the bread and soup for dinner and made a very labor intensive lemon cranberry poundcake for dessert.

My most crafty adventure lately has been learning to tie dye with a cheater's kit from Tulip.
I tie dyed six onesies, three for my nephew and three for my daughter and they turned out great for a first attempt.  Eventually I will use their camo kit for more onesies for my nephew.

No comments:

Post a Comment