Friday, December 18, 2009

Holiday giving on a budget

So as you have probably figured out, I don't like to spend a lot of money. Especially on things I can't guarantee the recipients will like. So this year I decided to make, or customize, every single give I'm giving.

I am a huge fan of Michael's craft stores.  I know, not very eco, but if you hit a good sale, it can be very frugal.  I found some amazing jewelry supplies this year that I swear I've been waiting for.  I snatched up several pieces for the women in my family and have made them all little pieces of wearable wonderfulness (details after they receive them).  Then there was the three for $6.00 photo ornaments. I had to have those. And there are going to be wearable pieces of baby related stuff for the men... It was a very nice way to create keepsakes for the family of the first baby holiday.  So I've (obviously) been staying up very very late the last few nights playing with scissors and glue and paper and model magic and my baby girl.

For wrapping paper I intend to snag a newspaper from my parents and use leftovers that my husband has hoarded over the past year. I am not spending any money on fancy holiday paper ever again. Maybe I'll dip her hand in non-toxic tempera paint and make baby print paper. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment