Sunday, December 13, 2009

Tea for four

As part of my UU Church's annual Service Auction, I offered up a
Saturday afternoon tea and two people signed up. It turned out that my
Gram was going to be here for the event when she came down to meet
V for the first time.

I was lucky that my hubby has been paid well for some jobs recently but
I also wanted to have this event without spending a lot of money.
I ended up buying tea using my husband's employee discount. I baked a
simple, few ingredient cake and chai tea biscuits, and made cucumber
sandwiches. Not expensive, but well presented. What mattered most wasn't
what was on the plates (even though my food was awesome), but what
happened around the table. We had four generations of women sharing tea
and snacks and life stories. It was wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment