Wednesday, January 13, 2010

La Leche League

This morning I attended my first La Leche League meeting.  I have been participating on their online forums for a while and have received wonderful support from other mommies so I thought it would be beneficial for us to attend a meeting in person.

I have some social anxiety issues, but I was perfectly comfortable in this small nursery room in a local church, surrounded by other mommies and their little ones, several nursing openly while we discussed the benefits of breastfeeding.

As a bonus of this meeting I have been given more resources to add to my growing circle of eco-frugal groups and organizations; including a local green families group and a huge consignment shop for children's goods.  I can't guarantee that I'll be checking these things out this week, but I certainly intend to check out all options and learn what I can to help my family and our planet.

And I cannot express enough that breastfeeding is both free, and green.

No comments:

Post a Comment