Thursday, January 14, 2010

Unstuffed Cabbage

So my mom made an amazing two pot dinner tonight for us that was vegetarian with the substitution of meatless crumbles for ground beef, and could be made vegan by making mashed potatoes with Earth Balance and rice milk instead of using milk and butter for them. It was awesome! And with the base ingredient of the unstuffed cabbage being, you guessed it, a head of cabbage, the recipe made A LOT! I have a HUGE container of left overs in my fridge after three hungry adults each ate two portions. I don't have the recipe yet, but it was basically a head of cabbage, a lot of onion, some garlic, two bags of meatless crumbles, some canned tomatoes and a crock pot, then served over mashed potatoes. Again, awesome. And this is definitely a meal that will reheat beautifully and would make a great veg'n offering at a pot luck.   I love having dinner with my parents, I always get left overs, and great ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment