Friday, February 5, 2010

Econo-Bum One Size Diaper Cover

So when it was time to order next size up diaper covers for my growing weed of a daughter, my site of choice Cotton Babies did not have the LiteWraps I mentioned in an earlier post in stock in her size!  This was very distressing until I decided to try their own econobum covers, which are supposed to "snap to fit" up to 35lbs, and are made in the USA!

I got the covers yesterday with my previously mentioned birdseye flats.  So far they have worked, but we haven't had a poopy blow-out yet.  The cover feels a bit thin, which would work for those parents who like a trimmer look.  They do not have a double gusset around the leg, so that might be a problem with a large bowel movement.  Also they feel like they could tear around the snaps.  And the waist isn't very elasticized so it gaps a bit in front.  All in all, I'm still happier with the LiteWrap as far as feel and function.  But, if these do in fact work, they will end up being more economical as they get larger as she grows, unlike the LiteWraps which have to be purchased to size.  Also there's no velcro/aplix/touch tape to wear out or gather lint.  And they appear quite breathable and light.

When V wakes up this morning I will be trying an entirely new set up on her, the flat diaper folded origami style, and the econo-bum cover.  I have "skinny" pants for her to wear that are difficult to get over the prefolds, so this is a real test.

No comments:

Post a Comment