Friday, January 28, 2011

middle of the night ramblings

If you have read this blog at all, and I doubt anyone has, you know that this has been a tumultuous year.  Foreclosure, V turned 1, HAMP, relationship issues, cats dead and rehomed...  It has been a wild ride.  In all of this mess, my husband, who I love and who drives me absolutely crazy, worked tirelessly to try and make "it work."  He badgered the mortgage company daily so they wouldn't misshandle our modification application, he was nothing but delightful with V, he tried (and succeeded) to "win me back."  He held me when we euthanised my baby goddess Luna Moth in the kitchen one week after V's first birthday.  Today all his hard work and diligence was recognized by my parents and that, more than any of the financial help they have given us, eases the burden.  I am great at holding grudges, and terrible at showing gratitude, but we truly could not have survived this time without our parents.  I'm sending my gratitude out to the universe hoping that it seeds more good things to come our way.  I have applied, insanely, for a full time file clerk position in a medical office.  Human medicine, not veterinary.  Hubby has been waiting to find out if he is getting either of two promotions he applied for at Target, while he continues to pound the pavement and poke around cyberspace looking for other options.

Wish us luck and help urge the universe to give us a break.  We would love to catch up and be the family I know we can become.  Maybe send a better employment opportunity toward either of us.  I have started a pet sitting business, if that could take off, that would be perfect.  I don't ask for much.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment