Thursday, January 27, 2011

Things I love Thursday, how the times flies

How did I go almost two months without posting ANYTHING on this blog? What kind of writer am I? Oh yeah, the kind that doesn't.

The entire northeast/mid atlantic region is currently blanketed with over a foot of snow.  V and I are ensconced at my parents' house where we are supposed to be meeting, along with my husband, later today to receive much needed help while the hubby and I are in the middle of our mortgage trial period.  What do I love right now? Having family that extends a hand when you need it, doesn't hold grudges (even though I do too often), and rewards good attempts.

V is almost 18-months-old.  Almost 1 1/2 years.  She is almost 32" tall, almost 30lbs.  Almost out of reach. I know that last statement was somewhat fatalistic.  It astonishes me how fast the time, as short as it really is, has flown.  I blink and she learns a new word, either verbal or sign.  I wake up in the morning and she has grown.  The last 18 months, year and a half, have been the hardest I have ever lived through. I have had more stress, more fear, more tears, more sleepless nights than in the last 35 years of my life.  And yet, the joys, the very simple joys of a morning baby kiss, the "pat pat pat" of her little hand on my shoulder when I pick her up, or her insistance on taking my hands and having me dance with her when she likes a song, these will break my heart with their sweetness and perfection.  I hope she never knows the fear we have felt, the insecurity.  I hope for her that she always feels and knows the dept of our love. I wish I could protect her from the bumps and bruises of life and people.  I wish she could keep this sweetness for ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment