Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday

Is there anything less eco-frugal than Black Friday? Stores open since 3:00 a.m., delivery trucks making extra trips, people driving all over town, targeted/time limited display advertising...Not to mention the
potential injuries and even deaths in the crowds. I feel terrible that my mom is actually going to be working 14 hours today at a Walmart. I'm just glad she's a pharmacist and therefore out of the crowds a bit.

My response to Black Friday? Participating in "Buy Nothing Day." I will be spending time with my daughter and my dad, working on computer things and relaxing while a huge portion of humanity goes insane for 24 hours.

I am planning on making holiday gifts anyway. I would elaborate on those plans, but my family reads this blog and that would ruin any surprises. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment