Friday, November 27, 2009

Hair cutting at home continued

So I decided after several days to revisit my hair cut and take about four or five more inches off, mostly in the back because I like my hair at least as long in the front as it is in the back, if not longer.  My darling husband didn't even notice the change.  He claims he hadn't noticed how long it had gotten.  Okay fine.  Anyway, he is planning on cutting his almost shoulder length locks in order to be more promotable in his job in the discount department store that shall remain nameless.  Since he finds his hair to be a vital part of his external personality, he has decided to live vicariously through me and has requested that I now "have fun" with my hair since I am no longer in the public workforce and accountable to no one but myself.  His request?  "Pink with green tips." Seriously.  My 43-year-old husband really wants me to chop off my hair and dye it crazy colours.  I'm not ready to go as short as he wants it yet, it did after all take two years to grow out some bad bangs, but I think there might be some discount hair colour in my future.  I told him green doesn't tend to take very well, but if I can find a bluer green maybe it won't look too much like baby poop when it starts to fade.  I wish he had requested purple.  Maybe I'll go purple anyway.  I know crazy hair colour tends not to be very eco, but it is fun and does sometimes make me feel better about myself.  And since I'm already a non-traditional mother in a lot of ways, this won't shock anyone.  



No comments:

Post a Comment