Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Got the razor

This has been a personally tragic week but I'm still going so I am still posting.

Before I get started on the razor review, I just want to send out a prayer to the powers that be that V isn't making too clear memories.  Yesterday we had to euthanize the cat we took in after my grandmother died in July, and V was in the room while OC died. I had one hand on OC, and was rocking V's Kick & Play chair with the other.  Not a situation I recommend anyone go through.

Today after we buried OC, I got my Weishi double edged safety razor with 25 blades in the mail.  I very much appreciated that the seller did not use much packaging at all to mail everything and the blades themselves have minimal packaging. The razor was in a plastic travel/storage case with mirror and one wrapped blade.  Nice and simple.  Some people sell the razor with a fabric travel bag, so if you are plastic free, look for them.

After V went down for her afternoon nap, I treated myself to a very non-eco long hot bath.  I really needed some "me" time and that was what my spirit needed at the time.  Since I was soaking in hot water I decided to try the razor.  I don't have true shaving soap yet, but I did get my brush and soap mug which I put a sliver of Jasmine soap into and used that to lather up.

The razor was very easy to use.  Inserting the blade is a breeze with little risk of ever cutting myself.  The razor has a nice weight without being too heavy.  I was able to shave almost as quickly as with a cartridge razor and with almost the same results.  I have several brands of blades to try before I make my final decision on which blade to use, but in the mean time, I am perfectly happy with this choice.  And even though I was sitting in the bathtub with my foot up on the side of the tub, I didn't nick myself at all.

2 comments:

  1. No parent is perfect however why would you even consider having Veronica in the same room with you when you put any animal to sleep? If this is such a concern about lasting memories, why would you have her there to begin with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't have her there to begin with. She was in the living room in her kick & play. Then she was screaming her head off because she wanted me. In the end she was in her kick & play on the floor, and OC was on the bed, I was perched at the foot of the bed with one had rocking Veronica's chair and one arm around OC. She couldn't see anything other than Mommy crying. I didn't want her there. But she was more content in the room than without me.

    ReplyDelete